Monday, March 15, 2010

The Annual Sacred Ritual - Confession Time!!

Hey guess what?! I have a crazy ritual thing going on for the past 2 years. Confessions! Yes! I do it once a year. Now these are not confessions relating to a situation..You know what I mean right? Stuff like “ Hey Mrs.Iyer, yeah, it was I who killed your kitten!” . NOPE. Not those. Stuff like that should never get out people ! My confessions are more like, stuff about me in general and my personality in particular that no one really knows about. I started this trend 2 years back, when I first started blogging( Infyblogs). And it helped. As of today, I feel lighter by atleast 6 well-kept secrets about myself. (Yep… 3 confessions per year in the past 2 years) J

Ok, the reason I do this ritual on the blogs is because I do not have what it takes to sit someone down and confess. Two reasons there. One, I can’t find someone who will sit, listen to what I say and NOT gossip about it. Two, honestly, point 1 is not totally true. The fact is that no one will give a rat’s ass to what I have to say. Now, when you are left friendless(useless friends i.e) and hopeless like this, the internet is your friend. And I will sit my blog down and pen down stuff. By doing this, I get two brownie points. One, I am fearless, I am bringing it out it the open, for the entire world to read. Two, I can be very sure that not even one millionth ( I am bad with fractions btw) of the whole wide  will care to read this…So I am kinda safe!

Ok, cutting the crap, here we go!

1. I talk to my hands
Yes you heard me right. And no,this is not another idiom form the Urban Dictionary. I am actually the jerk who talks to her hands. I treat my right hand and my left one as two different people. And I actually have conversations with them. Most of the time, it’s mental conversations. But I can also recall quite a few times when I actually spoke to them aloud.And guess what..They even have names! :-P...What did you just say? You want to know the names? Stop embarassing me! Weird  I know! But what the hell….Atleast I can be sure that I can say whatever I want to, but they wont talk back :-P


2.   I often dream about being at the Oscars


It’s one thing to “make” dreams. You know, dreams where I find myself walking hand in hand with Johnny Depp while he carries my shopping bags, well, needless to say, I come up with all those. But guess what! This being at the Oscar dream is untouched by me. I mean I never really sit and day dream about being at the Oscars. But somehow, when I fall asleep, several times in a year, I find myself at the Oscars! Isnt that supercool! But the only sad part is the fact that in THIS dream, there is no Johnny Depp…No baby no! Not even at the Oscars…. Damn!

3. I buy stuff that I know I will never use


Now if you are standing at the Cosmetics section of a Supermarket and you have a smiling marketing girl in front of you, deftly displaying bottles of wow-smelling toners and tubs of silk-smooth cream, which has the picture of a smiling beauty on it, trust me, its hard to resist. So what do you do? You give in! Yeah, I give in…And how!! I buy four of those toners and three of those creams K Now, if you have the money to splurge on it, it does not matter. But in my case, it does matter! Cos I am fully aware that it’s the month-end, I am out of dough big-time and that this toner is not something I need, and that the cream is an oily mess that wont suit me, YET, yet ladies and gentlemen, I buy it! Now, why would I do that? I don’t know! I don’t have the answer. At that moment I am possessed! By the ghost of Mrs. Shahnaz Hussain ( who is still alive btw, but looks like a ghost nevertheless) and I swipe my credit card and get the stuff I know I will not use for long!

Now, I can handle the guilt of having killed a kitten, but the guilt of excessive, unwanted shopping? It haunts you. Each time the credit card bill arrives, it’s like a live bomb being delivered into my mailbox. And each month, I can close my eyes and tick off expenses that could be entirely avoided. But still, the smart-ass that I am, I will continue to spend on the stuff next month too!

I think I need some therapy for Excessive Retail Therapy K

Yeah, for those of you who do empathize with me, Thank you very much! For those of you who think I am mad, you know what? Try talking to your hands…It’s real fun! :-P

If you are still reading, I swear, you need therapy!
Go, go, go away from here…Now!!

P.S : Mrs.Iyer is imaginary
P.P.S : Mrs. Iyer's kitten is also imaginary
P.P.P.S : NO. I did not kill her kitten. Duh! Dumbass!

*    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails